Matcha tiramisu is a dessert that puts a Japanese twist on the classic Italian dessert, tiramisu.
The result is a delicious and refreshing dessert that combines the flavors of Mascarpone cheese, delicate green tea, and coffee-soaked ladyfingers.
- Mascarpone 750g
- Eggs (very fresh, about 5 medium) 260 g
- Ladyfingers 250 g (Savoiardi cookies)
- Sugar 120g
Sorate Matcha Superior 3gr
- Coffee (from the mocha, sweetened to taste) 300 g
- For the tiramisu, prepare the coffee with the mocha to obtain 300 g, then sweeten to taste and cool in a large low bowl.
- Separate the eggs, by dividing the whites from the yolks (the whites must not have traces of yolks)
- Whisk the egg yolks with an electric whisk, allowing only half the amount of sugar
- Once the mixture is clear and foamy, you can gradually add the mascarpone while keeping whisking
- When the mascarpone is fully incorporated, you will have a dense and compact cream. Set this aside.
- Clean the whisks very well and proceed to whisk the egg whites
- When they are foamy, pour the remaining sugar a little at a time
- The mixture should be whipped until firm (this is the case when the mixture does not move when the bowl is turned over)
- Take a spoonful of beaten egg whites and add it to the bowl with the mascarpone cream
- Mix vigorously with a spatula so that the mixture is thinned.
- Add the remaining egg whites a little at a time, mixing very gently from the bottom to the top
- Proceed to add the remaining egg whites, little by little, mixing very gently from bottom to top.
- Now incorporate the 3 g matcha into the mascarpone cream using a fine sieve and a spatula. The mascarpone cream is now ready!
- Layer the soaked ladyfingers on the bottom of a 9-inch square baking dish, breaking some of them to fit if necessary.
- Spread half of the mascarpone mixture over the ladyfingers.
- Repeat the layers with the remaining ladyfingers and mascarpone mixture.
- Cover the dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or overnight if possible, to allow the flavors to meld.
- Just before serving, dust the top of the tiramisu with Matcha powder.