The beginning is called “drawing of the water”.
1. The tea is prepared carefully by obtaining water from the Uji river.
2. Second, a chosen disciple brings the tea jar, a pot is purified with a feather duster, and the seal is severed. The disciple empties the weaker tea and fills it with the first harvest tea leaves.
3. The tea leaves are then stone ground in a mortar.
4. The disciple then carries the matcha, that was made with the Uji river water, carefully to the minister, who then accepts the tea and carefully brews the tea. The tea is then brought to the chief and placed by the Buddha.
5. Finally, a prayer of thankfulness is said for the used tea whisks and a wish made that the Uji tea will prosper.
6. The tea leaves are now MATCHA and the matcha is carefully placed in the tea jar and is ready to present to the minister.
OUR GIFT TO YOU!!
SITE-WIDE TODAY ONLY!!!
USE CODE: "UJI30"