Spirulina Matcha Latte
What is Spirulina?
Spirulina is a nutrient-packed organism that grows in either fresh or saltwater. It provides as much protein as an egg and is loaded with a ton of antioxidants and essential amino acids. Studies have shown that it reduces the risk of allergies, high blood pressure, cancer, anemia, and can even improve gut health, boost energy, and your mood.
Matcha has so many healing benefits. It helps promote periodontal health by reducing inflammation, preventing bone resorption, and limiting the growth of certain bacteria associated with periodontal diseases.
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
INGREDIENTS (1 serving)
- 3/4 cup cold unsweetened Oat milk
- 1/4 tsp blue Spirulina powder
- 1/4 cup hot water, not boiling
- 1/2 tsp matcha green tea powder (we used Kusui - Ceremonial Grade - Matcha Super Premum)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or honey (optional)
- Combine the cold milk with blue Spirulina powder until dissolved
- Whisk together the matcha and hot water until dissolved
- Add the blue Spirulina milk to glass with ice
- Add a splash of uncolored milk
- Top with the hot matcha
- Sweeten to taste with maple syrup or honey
2 more reasons why you should swap coffee for Matcha:
Coffee interferes with GABA, (nature’s Valium) which promotes feelings of calm and happiness.
Coffee can cause hormone imbalances and spikes in both adrenaline and cortisol which can lead to feelings of anxiety, negative thoughts and can give you the jitters.